Who we are:
The Christian Compassion Center, Inc. (C3) collects merchandise from national retail outlets, businesses, and individuals for distribution to citizens in need, free of charge. Through our ever growing number of volunteers and partners, we have been able to assist families in their immediate tangible goods needs and at the same time, empower our partners to assist in core needs assessment and long term holistic solutions.
1 John 3:17: “But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.”
What we do:
In 2016, the Christian Compassion Center was blessed to provide over $2,500,000 of material goods to Austin’s disadvantaged community via our vetted partners and volunteers.
Through our relationship with World Vision, C3 was able to provide 17,100 toys via our partners to children this past Christmas season to those that may have gone without.
In first weeks of 2017, C3 was able to deliver 110 new mattresses to Texas Baptist Children’s Home and Victory Outreach transitional home. More to come as we see a large need for mattresses, bedding material and household items for our neighbors.
C3 was also able to provide several truckloads of building supplies to our disaster relief partners responding to past flood victims. Austin Disaster Relief Network and Manor Disaster Relief are on the front lines at all times to serve those that are impacted. Thank you partners!
The materials are available and the needs are great. Our hope is that through these acts of giving and kindness, we can facilitate the communication of the Gospel through these endeavors.
- Austin Baptist Church, Austin Bridge Builders Alliance (ABBA), Austin Christian Fellowship, Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN), Austin Ridge, Austin Pregnancy Resource Center (APRC), Bastrop Long Term Recovery Team (BCLTRT), Calvary Relief, Camp Wilderness Ridge, Celebration Church, Christian Resource Center at Twin Lakes, Fellowship at Scofield Farms, Help for All Nations, Hill Country Bible Church, Ladies of Charity, Lake Travis United Methodist Church, Life Church, Life Bridge, Luke 4:18 Ministries, Manor Disaster Relief, Mission Possible, Movin’ and Groovin’, Oak Meadow Baptist Church, Partners in Hope, River City Hope Street, Stand in the Gap, Texas Baptist Bible Fellowship, Texas Baptist Children’s Home, Texas Baptist Disaster Recovery Team, Texas Reach Out, The Lakeway Church, United Christian Athletes, Victory Christian Center, Victory Outreach of Austin, Youth with a Mission (YWAM).
Why we do it:
To demonstrate compassion by giving valuable goods to those in need and through these activities share the Good News.
What’s in it for supporters?
Knowledge that you are:
- Reflecting God’s grace through acts of kindness.
- Contributing to the welfare of our city’s disadvantaged.
- Helping to eliminate waste destined for local landfills.
- Encouraging transformation for our city.
In so doing, you are improving the “quality-of-life” for all Austin
James 2:14 “What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.”
Note: C3 does not discriminate in any form or fashion regarding ethnicity, race or religious views. We exist solely to provide materials and services to those who need a helping hand.